Friday, July 14, 2006

Superman Returns

Okay, these are my thoughts on Superman Returns:

First, let me say if I watched movies only for special effects, this would be my new favorite movie. The effects were amazing. As far as all that goes, it was definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Other than that, I didn't like the movie as much as I'd hoped. For one thing, there was no humor. If I'm going to watch a 2.5 hour movie, I'd like to laugh at least twice. Also, I thought there were unwholesome undertones.
WARNING:
THE FOLLWING GIVES AWAY THE SECRETS OF THE MOVIE
For starters, Lois Lane is living with a guy, (his name is Richard), and they have a son (Jason). This in itself does not really bother me. Well, it does bother me, but it also happens to be in practically every other movie that's coming out. The real problem with this is that Clark/Superman doesn't treat her like she's off limits. Granted, she's not married to Richard. But she is in a serious relationship, andhe should respect that enough not to try and pick up on her. Secondly, (and this is what really bothers me) it was like the screen play writers were trying to tell us that Superman was Jesus. He came from far away. He's not like the rest of us. His father supposedly sent him (quote "his only son") here because the world needed him. At one point Lois even says (of Superman) "The world doesn't need a savior", and then Superman says that it does, and implys that he is that savior. But the clencher--near the end of the movie you find out that Jason isn't Richard's son; he's Superman's.

I felt like they were trying to sell me The DaVinci Code, when I'd gone to see Superman.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey adelina! i can post a comment!! wow i thot u said u weren't gonna let pplz w/out a blog post! but i can! YAYAYA this is a koool blog and i luv the background!! it's really pretty!! i wanna c superman returns soooo bad! i'm glad that u got 2 c it! luv ya! ttyl

Adelina said...

hey Lauren! lol, I just finished sending you an email that explains that you can comment now. then I came on here to check to see if I had any new comments and found one from you! yeah, I love the green background, too.

Anonymous said...

My boy and his daddy dragged me to see Spideyman Two. I only went cause I love them and I love popcorn and coke. ha

My thoughts... I didn't like Lois Lane. Not only did I not like the part she played, I didn't think the actress made a good fit. I also always thought that Superman was of good moral character which would make him more responsible with the choices he makes about sleeping around.

I wonder if that really happened in the comic book, or if that is just Hollywood for ya.

Blessings, Mamma Souza

Juls said...

ugh...not something that seems worth seeing. hmm...maybe i'll just rent it! lol

Adelina said...

good idea.

Anonymous said...

SUPER MAN, WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!!
you all just dont know a good moive from a bad movie.

noah

Adelina said...

of course I do Noah. oh, and by the way, I think the five hour pride and prejudice is a GREAT movie. if you disagree with that statement, then I think you're hopeless as far as movie judgement goes.

Adelina said...

just kidding at that last bit. you love LOTR and Narnia. you're ok :)

Anonymous said...

i better be ok gosh!!

noah