Friday, August 18, 2006

Tolkien's Works

I have read 7 of J.R.R. Tolkien's books:
There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale
The Downfall of the Lord of the Rings and the Return of the King Trilogy (more commonly known in this age as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy)
Smith of Wooton Major
Farmer Giles of Ham
The Adventures of Tom Bombadil (which is really a collection of poems by Bilbo, Sam, and other inhabitants of Middle Earth.)

And I am in the process of reading The Silmarillion. It's way more interesting than I thought it would be. I like it a lot. Especially the Ainulindale. Though, the pronuciation is quite tricky.
Hey, just out of curiousity, has anyone other than Julia or Tate read the Silmarillion? Or, for that matter, has anyone read any of these books besides the Hobbit and the LOTR? Comment and tell me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope, I haven't. But, I finally saw all of the movies!!

Adelina said...

:-) yay!

jamie ann said...

No I haven't. But they all sound really interesting! Especially "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil." I really liked him in the 1st LOTR book. :)

Adelina said...

The first LOTR was my favorite, too. Tom Bombadil was really good, though some of the poems were weird, but ALL of Smith of Wooton Major was weird. it is Tolkien's weirdest work.

Anonymous said...

i have read tom bombradil it was wierd but i liked it