Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Eragon

I saw it Friday night. I thought it was good, though a little disappointing. I expected something of LOTRish or Narnian proportions, but it wasn't. They made Angela a little tiny character, and Murtagh (spelling?) was too small of a character, too. You only knew him for like 3 seconds before you found out who his father was. And you really weren't all that attached to Brom either. Katrina wasn't in the movie at all.
But Izy and I dressed up. I went as Katrina, because it was the only costume I had. (I'd have much rather gone as Nasuada [spelling?]). Izy went as Angela, and looked superb!
Despite the fact that it was disappointingly short, it was definitely worth seeing in the theater.
Oh, yeah. Patrick Doyle, who did the music for Sense and Sensibility, and Much Ado About Nothing did the music for Eragon. I thought he did a great job.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't seen Eragon, but my little brother Joseph did and he liked it.

I haven't read the book either, aside from the first two chapters... for some reason, I couldn't seem to get any further. I suppose next time I go to the library I'll have to make another attempt.

The didn't get reviewed very well in the newspaper, though-- just two stars. I wonder if they'll make an Eldest movie?

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie!

Adelina said...

I don't think that they'll be able to make Eldest, since they've cut so many important details and characters. The book is good, but quite violent. But I think you might like the movie, since you like LOTR.

Nancy Drew Freak said...

Yeah, I didn't really like Eragon very much, it was ok, but not one of my favs!

Juls said...

hi lena!
i agree with you, the music was awesome! but yes...the movie was dissapointing! (but you know my FULL opinion on the matter! lol)

Adelina said...

I thought you liked the movie Cassie. After all who could not like a movie with the line, "Into the sky"? lol