Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th

We went to a 4th of July celebration in the park yesterday. It was a lot of fun. I ran in a sack race and came in 4th place. There were 4 of us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a fun 4th! O_O! Adelina, you could become a professional Sacker!

Adelina said...

lol, I know. it's a way more promising career for me than, say, math tutor. lol

Anonymous said...

I'll cheer for you in the olympics!

I hope you get the gold sacking metal!

Analie Pywtorak said...

Hmm..... You know, I haven't ever done a sack race. Only three-legged races. Have you ever done those?

I'm glad you had fun on your fourth. I had a great holiday too. First, I went to a 50th wedding party for a couple from my church. It was a surprise party, and I think the couple had a great time. Everyone told silly stories about them. One of them (Jim) told a really funny story. He was a neighbor boy, but this couple (the Deckards) practically raised him. Jim liked lemonade and the Deckards almost always had some on hand for him as well as an open-fridge policy. One day Jim walked into their house and saw what looked like a jug of lemonade in their house. Being a very thirsty teenage boy, he poured himself 32 oz of this liquid. He then proceeded to down the entire contents not stopping until he noticed some strange pulp at the bottom of his cup. He also noticed that the "lemonade" left a strange aftertaste in his mouth. Suddenly, he realized. HE HAD JUST DRUNK 32 OZ OF CHICKEN BROTH! Gross, huh? The way teenage guys will chug stuff! Ewww!

Adelina said...

thank you Jamie. the training will be strenuous, but with you to cheer me on, I should make it!!! lol

Analie:
ohmygosh!!!! that's horrible! lol

Analie Pywtorak said...

Alright, your blogging holiday is over! It's time to make a new post, don't you think? Lol, us poor friends of yours are wasting away for lack of word from you. :D

If you don't make a new post soon, I may have to resort to such drastic measures as removing your blog as a tab on my window. :P The poor thing has gathered an inch of dust from disuse. Not a pretty sight, I can assure you. Dusty tabs, ugh!